In need of copy of Naturalization Papers

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

In need of copy of Naturalization Papers

Postby sal4 » 13 Jan 2010, 03:41

Does anyone have Footnote that may be able to help me? I need a copy of the Naturalization papers for Saverio Consola, he was naturalized in New York,around the early 1900's.......I have Ancesty.com and I have not been able to find the documents..........Thanks........Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: In need of copy of Naturalization Papers

Postby VaDeb » 13 Jan 2010, 04:46

Did you try and look here:

http://www.italiangen.org/databaselist.stm

Debbie

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sal4 » 13 Jan 2010, 04:50

Yes I did...........I did find his marriage date and year of death from that site, which was a great find..........Thanks..........Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 13 Jan 2010, 04:51

Sal, if I may ask, what part of New York? Specifically, which county?

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 13 Jan 2010, 04:54

Rather than search thru old post... :lol: ....can you give me his birth date, spouse's first name, town of birth........I have footnote pulled up now and have located a possibility, but need more detail..thanks!!

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sal4 » 13 Jan 2010, 04:55

I know that he was married in Manhattan and he was naturalized in 1899 also in Manhattan.........

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sal4 » 13 Jan 2010, 04:58

He was from Piedimonte D'Alfie......born in aprox 1870 married to Nicolina Rumolo

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 13 Jan 2010, 05:06

sal4 wrote:I know that he was married in Manhattan and he was naturalized in 1899 also in Manhattan.........

This site may be helpful: http://www.newyorkfamilyhistory.org/mod ... e&artid=61

[edit]

Actually, this one covers the period before 1906: http://www.newyorkfamilyhistory.org/mod ... e&artid=62

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sal4 » 13 Jan 2010, 05:12

I tried and searched for Consola on each area you stated and still nothing.........Thank you though......Sal4

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 13 Jan 2010, 05:25

sal4 wrote:I tried and searched for Consola on each area you stated and still nothing.........Thank you though......Sal4

I am confused; the site I linked does not have an online search. At the bottom of the second document, however, is a section titled "Access to Records" which explains how to order naturalization records by mail.

You need to realize that their exist hundreds of thousands of naturalization records all of which were created before the age of computerization. While many of these records have been transcribed into databases which make online searching possible, an equally huge number have not been thus transcribed. As an example, both of my grandfathers naturalized in Westchester County, NY, and while the county archives holds copies of these records, the computerized index only goes as far as 1927. Neither of my grandfathers are in the index, but the county archivist (http://www.westchestergov.com/wcarchive ... ecords.htm) was able to locate their records by performing a manual search of the actual documents.

The point being, not all naturalization records can be located through online searches.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 13 Jan 2010, 05:27

Using search criteria of Sav* Con*, I pulled up one possible name which is more than likely NOT him.....birth date is listed as FEB. 1877.

1898 » CONZOLO » CONZOLO, SAVERIO »

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sal4 » 13 Jan 2010, 05:34

On the top of the page there is a place that shows the word search and that is where I put in the name Consola, I may of been mistaken on how that site works.....Thank you for the info on how to order these documents, I will eventually order these doc's but everything I need lately seems to cost $$$ and as you know it can become very expensive, so I do try to find as much as I can online........Thanks Again.......Sal4

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sal4 » 13 Jan 2010, 05:40

A while back you were able to find the info for me on Saverio and the date of his birth is aprox 1870.......and the aprox date of Naturalization is 1899 along with his wife Nicolina found from census records of 1910 & 1920........I have search and search and I can't find anything on the naturalization records....Thanks for trying.......Sal4

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sal4 » 13 Jan 2010, 05:54

wldspirit.......I have looked back thru my copies of the census from 1900, 1910, 1920 & 30 and each census gives a different date of birth 1867, 1868 etc.....but when I look at the death records from New York it shows that he died in 1948 at the age of 69 yrs old, so that would give him the yr of birth of 1879 does that help any?

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”