Apostille which documents

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

Apostille which documents

Postby mazzini » 29 Jan 2010, 02:19

I'm confused.

From what I understand, only the U.S. documents to be filed in Italy need an Apostille.

Ok, then.

I am acquiring citizenship from my American born mother who was a citizen because her father was an Italian citizen before she was born and became a U.S. citizen after my mother was born.

Mom never renounced, is still alive. I was born after 1948.

My mother is not becoming an Italian citizen.

I know I have to have an Apostille on my birth certificate, my wife's birth certificate, my marriage certificate and my son's birth certificate.

Do I need an Apostille on:

1) My mother's birth certificate?

2) My mother's marriage?

3) My grandfather's marriage certificate?

4) My father's birth and death certificate?

5) My grandfather's death certificate?

The reason I ask is, these documents are all New York City documents.

New York State Apostille requires:

1)NYC birth certificate to have an Exemplification letter (nothing on the NYC birth certificate website even offering this)

2)the NYC birth certificate to be certified by the NY County (Manhattan - where all this action took place) Clerk's Office

3)the NY County Clerk's signature is then Apostilled by the State

I have my birth certificate, my mom's birth certificate both certified by NYC with no exemplification.

I have other docs coming some with exemplification, others without, all certified - within the next two weeks.

So, what exactly do I need Apostille(d)?

If I need all these docs Apostilled, I may have to fly to NY and have it all done in one day instead of sending stuff back and forth through the mail to the various clerks.

My appointment is April 22. I have plenty of time but...

The Exemplification issue just came up today when I called the NY State Dept.

Re: Apostille which documents

Postby mazzini » 29 Jan 2010, 05:46

no need to respond.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”