2 Questions on Naturalizations & Italian Citizenship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

2 Questions on Naturalizations & Italian Citizenship

Postby sal4 » 01 Mar 2010, 23:46

My Grandfather was naturalized and became a citizen in 1943, does this mean that my Grandmother was also naturalized automatically because of him becoming a citizen? I don't have any records showing that she was naturalized, only an Alien Registration Card.......

My second question is if she did become naturalized because of my Grandfather and she did not apply for naturalization herself, does that mean she was still an Italian Citizen?..........Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.

VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: 2 Questions on Naturalizations & Italian Citizenship

Postby VaDeb » 02 Mar 2010, 02:13

I can't find my book to check dates, but until about 1922 a woman's citizenship status was determined USA citizenship by marrying an alien. By 1943 Grandmother had to apply for naturalization herself.

Debbie

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”