italian consualte melbourne australia-now what to do

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
leash
Rookie
Rookie

italian consualte melbourne australia-now what to do

Postby leash » 04 Mar 2010, 02:58

ok so i had my appt today to see whether i qualify this is what they told me
ok so i have many problems, i didnt think it would be such an enrmous or difficult task =(
1st- the man wasnt very happy i didnt speak italian or have someone there to translate... i was like i cant understand you.
2- here are all my problems
apparently mum must apply 1st, but the BIGGEST problem is her b/c has her surname before the family changed it legally, apparently italy may not recognise this which means they wont recognise me as i have the surname that it was when legally changed, he said they can try send mum b/c and change of name with translation & appostile then wait and see...
also a few other things which i must do...
i really want this but why is it the govt must b real picky, i mean i have to get something on my mums b/c changed bcoz it says they her parents were married in east brighton and not brighton as per marriage cert....
so all in all im a very shattered =(
i loook forward to your advise and help....
Known surnames- Mollica, Alba, Cannella, Secchitano
I would like to research my family history and find out as much as I can =)

JoshJo5

Re: italian consualte melbourne australia-now what to do

Postby JoshJo5 » 05 Mar 2010, 02:37

Hey, I'm from melbourne as well and am trying to get an italian passport. My mum and I found the consulate to be pretty unhelpful, so I'm just wondering -if you know, of course- what papers are needed to get Italian citizenship. Like do I need naturalization records, brith certificates ext.? Yeah its a really hard and expensive process. Cheers

mler
Master
Master

Re: italian consualte melbourne australia-now what to do

Postby mler » 05 Mar 2010, 13:49

The requirements for Melbourne are on their site:

http://www.consmelbourne.esteri.it/Cons ... tadinanza/

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”