Help! No word from commune on GF's birth certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
5bellasmiths

Help! No word from commune on GF's birth certificate

Postby 5bellasmiths » 08 Mar 2010, 23:20

Hi everyone,
Maybe I'm panicking too early but I sent a request to the commune in Castelfranco di Sotto - Pisa in January requesting my husband's GF's birth certificate and we still haven't heard anything. Should I be worried yet or is this normal? Should I send another letter? Would we have more luck if we actually travelled to Italy to request the document in person? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Drew927
Elite
Elite

Re: Help! No word from commune on GF's birth certificat

Postby Drew927 » 09 Mar 2010, 07:27

Don't panick! Give it some time. The smaller Comune have a limited number of people working in the clerks office. They have to deal with everyday business first before looking up requests.

I had an Italian friend call my Grandmothers birthplace to ask about the status of my request from December '09. They told her that they recieved it but it would have to wait because the records were in another building and the mayor was up for re-election and it was taking up most of their time. Lucky me.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 09 Mar 2010, 11:15

There are elections happening in many towns and regions right now. March 28th is the date so many 'anagrafe' are busy. Still if it was early January you should have something soon.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

5bellasmiths

Postby 5bellasmiths » 09 Mar 2010, 23:19

Thank you both so much! I sent it January 16 so more mid-January but still hopefully it will come soon.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 09 Mar 2010, 23:38

normal wait time is 4-8 weeks. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”