Southern Italian women immigrated to Baltimore Maryland!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

Southern Italian women immigrated to Baltimore Maryland!!

Postby AlessandraSophia » 15 Mar 2010, 09:11

Please read below, this situation is very important to me!!! It has a big impact on my life!! If you could provide any feedback it would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello everyone!!! Please help if you can! Please read! I am looking for connections. I am a high school student and for my whole life I never knew my real last name. I am looking for my paternal last name or any last name that has a connection with this. I'm trying to track down my father's family for awhile now. My father was basically adopted. His mother is Southern Italian & the father is Southern Italian with some Greek. His mother was poor and she could not afford having another kid, so she gave him up to a women named Vera a Ukranian women. My father was born in Baltimore Maryland in April 7, 1957, we do not know the name of the hospital. This women raised him as her own. Vera passed away so nobody really knows much.

See it wasn't an arranged adoption. I'm not sure how any of you feel about psychics, but my mom & I found a few psychics not fake ones, real psychics. I'm very open minded to that, & my mom & I had nowhere to turn. He didn't want to get involved, he couldn't deal with it, his adopted mother Vera died, so we had no information. I don't know any of their names or what they worked as. We went to the psychics after we found out it wasn't his real mother. We asked how the situation came about & both of them said his real mother was too poor & young to care for another kid so she gave him up, they both said they saw a big crowd of people surrounding his real mother, and a handing over of a baby. So his real mother gave the baby up to Vera, this Ukrainian women. Also the psychic mentioned they saw a young girl on a pig farm in a peasant dress, they said it was like the grape stomping scene in I Love Lucy TV Show when she had that peasant dress on. They also said that they think the mother may have gone back. My theory is she was a poor peasant that came here & married an American man. I have a very strong feeling I look just like my grandmother. I think my father has a Greek & Southern Italian American look from the father. Also the psychics said felt that his real father wasn't really in the picture too much. So I'm thinking that she came to America didn't marry but had a baby or a couple babies with the guy, and when she had my father they couldn't take care of any more kids. So in this instance, she gave him up, and went back.

I'm not sure if they knew each other. I'm assuming they did because he heard when he was young them mentioning Greek & Italian. I also always had a strong connection to the two heritages. My father's name is Roman. He looks like a combination of Southern Italian & Greek but he looks American. I on the other hand look very foreign looking, I look like I wasn't born in America. I look like a very foreign off the boat Greek & Southern Italian girl. Both the psychics said the heritage too. I have no idea when Vera died, or if she left a will. I hardly knew her at all. My father doesn't want to get involved with it, and only he would really know. The weird thing is she basically kept the whole situation hush hush. Vera never told him anything, his whole life he had been lied too. It was terrible, if it wasn't for me having him take a DNA test none of this would have opened up, I'm glad it did because I like to know the truth, she I guess felt it was too heartbreaking to tell him that his mother gave him up. My father said that when he was growing up he felt like he moved around a lot, and at one point his mother told him his name was Ray, I don’t know if that was his real name but she was always hiding things from him. It was all a big secret.

His real Southern Italian mom would be my grandmother. I have a very foreign off the boat look, I'm assuming she did too. We got some little bits of the puzzle a man named Michael was involved somebody with the last name Rabinowitz. If anybody has .somewhat a connection, please post it here. This is very important to me, I'm not close to my family on my mother's side so it would be a great opportunity to get in touch with my father's side and have a close family connection.

Re: Southern Italian women immigrated to Baltimore Maryland!

Postby Edmondo » 15 Mar 2010, 09:43

Topic closed because this is a duplicate of ... 15893.html

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”