Can I apply for italian citizenship in this case?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Borsalino

Can I apply for italian citizenship in this case?

Postby Borsalino » 16 Mar 2010, 17:26

Ciao a tutti,

I know all the jus sanguinis rules to obtain the citizenship and I am qualified.
Yet there is this little problem regarding our legal family documents and the registration of family members(long complicated story), does it matter? My dad's brothers are registered under his mother's name(my grandmother) but they are from another mother(my grandpa married twice).Its a mistake from a long time ago... Should it be corrected before I apply for the citizenship at the embassy? Please I want to know if it is ok to present them as they are; the wrongs are not our fault and cannot be corrected we tried even by court and we cannot appeal anymore.
Thanks in advance :)

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Re: Can I apply for italian citizenship in this case?

Postby DeFilippis78 » 17 Mar 2010, 14:00

I think you will need to explain in a little more detail so the people here can answer your question :)

Alicia

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Re: Can I apply for italian citizenship in this case?

Postby DeFilippis78 » 17 Mar 2010, 14:07

Actually cancel my previous post. I just saw the question was answered in other threads.

Alicia

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”