Capozzoli Family Ancestry

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
lindacapozzoliherbst

Capozzoli Family Ancestry

Postby lindacapozzoliherbst » 30 Mar 2010, 08:39

My family has a very well documented history. I have been bringing all the information together on a website asking the members of my branch of the Capozzoli family to share. It is not complete by far but we have an extensive family tree. My great grandfather was Luigi Capozzoli ,born 1876, from Aquara, Italy. He married Maddalena Peduto, born 1876, from Castel San Lorenzo, Italy. Luigi came to the U.S. through Ellis Island in August 1901 and sent for Maddalena in May, 1903. They had 10 children, all of whom lived well into their late 90's. The family is all over the U.S. but mostly have remained in New York. For many years the family met in Oyster Bay, New York for family reunions. Some reunions included over 100 family members. For the story please look at my website, www.capozzoliancestry.com or www.louiscapozzoli.wordpress.com Maybe there would be a connection for some readers and maybe other relatives will be located. Luigi's sister was unable to get into the U.S. because the quota was met so that side of the family ended up in South America. Thomas Capozzoli was our historian who traveled to Italy to research the family and meet people of the Villages. His story is quoted on the website. I hope some of this is helpful to you in your search for family roots.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”