Non existence record

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Non existence record

Postby DeFilippis78 » 31 Mar 2010, 19:13

I finally received the letter from USCIS !

Drew927
Elite
Elite

Re: Non existence record

Postby Drew927 » 01 Apr 2010, 05:38

I recieved this email when I requested a no record found.

February 2, 2010
Dear Sir/Madame:

Thank you for contacting the USCIS Genealogy Program. Your communication below indicates that you believe that your ancestor never became a naturalized U.S. citizen and that you want to request issuance of a Certification of Nonexistence of a Record of Naturalization.

Please note that the USCIS Genealogy Program does not process requests for a Certification of Nonexistence of a Record of Naturalization. In order for you to provide proof that your ancestor never became a United States citizen, you can request a Certification of Nonexistence of a Record of Naturalization.

Per the USCIS Genealogy Program web page at www.uscis.gov/genealogy, in order to obtain a Certification of Nonexistence of a Record of Naturalization, you must forward a request to the USCIS Records Services Branch for an agency decision to issue a certification of non-existence. There are no fees for this service. But it is important that all such letters contain information to specifically identify the immigrant. For example, requests must contain the immigrant’s name (including all variants and aliases), date of birth, place of birth, and as much information as possible about when and where the immigrant arrived in or lived in the United States. Names of immediate immigrant relatives can also be helpful. In all cases the immigrant must be deceased. If the immigrant’s birth date is less than 100 years before the request date, requests for certification of non-existence must include a copy of the immigrant’s death certificate. Requests for this service must be forwarded in writing to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
ATTN: Records Operations Branch
1200 First Street NE
Washington, D.C. 20529-2204

To obtain additional information for individuals that need documentary evidence of citizen or alien status to support a foreign application for dual citizenship, hit control and click to visit on the following link (or copy and paste it into your browser):

www.uscis.gov/portal/s...18190aRCRD

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby DeFilippis78 » 01 Apr 2010, 13:05

The form they gave me has the same address as your letter. They didnt tell me to provide all that info but I will because Ive heard other people here say the more thorough the request is, the quicker you get the record.

Alicia

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby DeFilippis78 » 30 Apr 2010, 19:03

Just an update...it only took about 3-4 weeks to get my non existence record for everyone out there whose wondering how long its been taking.

Alicia

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”