Just to confirm

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Donald66
Veteran
Veteran

Just to confirm

Postby Donald66 » 05 Apr 2010, 23:21

Correct me if I have it wrong.............

Get the Apostille first, then translate the documents.

Only the applicants birth & marriage documents need to be translated.

The USCIS & NARA letters dont need to be translated.

On another note....

Is there an actual application for Dual Citizenship that I need to complete before my July appointment?

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Just to confirm

Postby johnnyonthespot » 05 Apr 2010, 23:44

Donald,

Each consulate is a little different; New York City has some application forms which can be downloaded and completed in advance - see the links Form1, Form2, etc at the bottom of this page http://www.consnewyork.esteri.it/NR/exe ... =Published

The apostilles do not need to be translated, thus you can get the certificates translated before or after obtaining the apostilles. I think most people make a photocopy of the certificate for the translator and meanwhile send the original off for apostille.

As to which documents require translation, again that may vary by consulate, but typically just the applicant's own birth/marriage/divorce (if applicable) certificates.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”