Manganelli family - Novi Velia

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Manganelli family - Novi Velia

Postby nanblain » 10 Apr 2010, 20:12

Hello, I am a new user and would like to know if there is anyone in Italy that would be able to help me discover extended family and also see if I and my sons could obtain Italian citizenship through blood right.
My grandfather was Pietro Manganelli from Novi Velia Salerno Italy born June 29, 1888. His parents were Antonio Manganelli and Anna Maria Frasca. I think he had 7 brothers and sisters named Felice, Angelo, Rosina, Raphaele, Anella, Domenic, and Luigi. I know he served in Italy army x 2 years and also fought in WW1 1917 to 1919. He married my grandmother in Toronto, Ont, Canada (Mary Adelia Allison) on May 19, 1920. They had 4 children (Anthony - deceased, Dorothy - deceased, Maria - deceased and Madeline - alive). I am the daughter of Dorothy.
I have spoken to Italian consulate in Toronto and do not find them very helpful. I did request his Italian birth certificate but when I received it his surname was mispelled as Mangarelli. Is here any way to correct this?
I would appreciate any help anyone could give me. Thank you
nanblain

Re: Manganelli family - Novi Velia

Postby mojito » 11 Jul 2013, 02:42

Dorothy
My name is Luigi
I was reading your request about your Grandfather Pietro Manganelli
I am married to a woman from Novi Velia ,as a matter of fact ,she's going nuts asking your Aunt Maria ,and Magdalene information on the brothers Angelo and Pietro Manganelli ,in Italy there are about 30 people in the home town who are trying to put a book together on the first emigrants that came to Canada or US and other countries around the world ,so one of those researchers is a Dr. my wife cousin,I don't know how much you know of Pietro and Angelo or have pic. of them ,and they'r family up to this date .
If you do please contact me as soon as possible .
Also my wife Angela and I are going to Novi Velia in Sept. for 3 weeks, we have a little house there in the Old Historical part of town .
If you need any documents from the City Hall on your Grandfather Pietro ,please let me know and I will promise you to get them ,after all I do have a little help from within the City Hall ,,,the Mayer of the town is my wife cousin.The Italian Consulate in Toronto is useless ,I been fighting with them for years. I WILL HELP YOU OK
mojito

Re: Manganelli family - Novi Velia

Postby nanblain » 11 Jul 2013, 15:43

Hello Luigi and Angela,
Thank you so much for replying to my note, my name is Nancy, I am the daughter of Dorothy Manganelli who is deceased and a grand daughter of Pietro Manganelli. She was the daughter of Pietro Manganelli. The only remaining child alive of Pietro is my aunt Madeline Manganelli who currently lives in Toronto. I do have a few pics of Peter (Pietro) and the family here in Canada. The birth certificate I obtained from Novi Velia spelled his last name as Mangarelli (with an "r".) He always spelled it as MANGANELLI here in Canada. Not sure if that can be corrected in Italy as the consulate here dismissed any of my research on the family due to the difference in spelling. Perhaps checking the siblings records with the same birth parents would identify if any errors were made with the spelling in the town records there may help.
I will try and locate some pictures of him and scan them into the computer for you. My personal email is nanblain@hotmail.com if you care to communicate with me directly.
Thank you again for any help you can offer it is much appreciated.
Cheers, Nancy Blain
nanblain

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship