accessing birth certificates

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
poppee

accessing birth certificates

Postby poppee » 17 Apr 2010, 04:10

I am in the process of trying to obtain a birth certificate. I have all details including DOB, place of birth which is Rizziconi. The other relevant detail si that as a baby he was given up to an orphanage.
Where do i start?
Any help would be appreciated.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: accessing birth certificates

Postby PeterTimber » 17 Apr 2010, 04:27

send form letter found at this website along with explanation
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html and send form letter to www.tuttitalia.it/calabria/58-rizziconi and scroll down to MUNICIPIO and that is the address of the UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE.

Request for a ESTRATTO DI NASCITA (long form with parents names). You willneed this before you even start probing orphanage information. There is no charge for bith record requests in Italy. Wait 4-8 weeks.

When you go to the Rizziconi website look over the www for the town tourist info for any information about an orphanage if you can read italian. =Peter=
~Peter~

poppee

Postby poppee » 17 Apr 2010, 07:40

Thank you Peter.
The only problem is that both of my fathers parents are unknown. He has whats called COMMUNE DI VARAPODIO - CARTA DIDENTITA that has his birth details. Where it lists MADRE and PADRE it has 2 black lines through it. What do you think I should do?. Any advice would be much appreciated.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 17 Apr 2010, 11:29

Send a photocopy of the Carta d'Identità with your request.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”