NEWBIE - HELP WITH PASSPORT THRU ANCESTRY

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
LIUT-SA

NEWBIE - HELP WITH PASSPORT THRU ANCESTRY

Postby LIUT-SA » 20 Apr 2010, 08:31

Hi ,

Im very new to this and we have just started finding out if we qualify or not for passports thru ancestry.

My husbands father was born in Italy in 1931 and he moved to SA in 1951 , my husband was born in 1976 in South Africa

His father has sinced passed away , but he still has his sisters in Italy.

Now as far as i can gather from sites is : that i have to find out when did his father become a citizen of South Africa ... Before or After my husbands birth and if it was after his birth we qualify right ?

However his Father's ID and death certificate states him from Italy ? Am i right in thinking then that he never became a South African citizen ?

How do i verify this or where do i find out if he became a citizen or not ?

Thanks LIUT FAMILY SA

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: NEWBIE - HELP WITH PASSPORT THRU ANCESTRY

Postby johnnyonthespot » 21 Apr 2010, 06:53

Perhaps you can contact the South Africa government to learn what information might be available. See http://www.services.gov.za/ServicesForP ... uage=en-ZA

At the bottom of the page, click the region name for contact details.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”