To those applying in NY....

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
MST995
Rookie
Rookie

To those applying in NY....

Postby MST995 » 14 May 2010, 16:32

I called to see when the next appointment is and they are backed up until next April, so I made the appt. for April 2011... I'm confident I can get all of the documents in order before then since I already have everything, I just need to request new copies of everything and everyone was born/died/married in NY state. Only my GGF is dead so I will only need one death cert. Am I being too ambitious here thinking I can get everything in less than a year?... oh also, I have the original naturalization document for my GGF from 1940, will that be sufficient or do I need to request something else? a newer document maybe? thanks!

Rodio
Rookie
Rookie

Re: To those applying in NY....

Postby Rodio » 14 May 2010, 17:04

You should have enough time to gather all of your documents with appropriate translations and apostilles. If you find any (no matter how small) discrepancies on your documents, they will likely need to be amended. The NY consulate has a reputation for being difficult with discrepancies.

As for the naturalization cert, it is great that you have the original. Bring it to your appointment, and they should copy it and return the original to you.
Good luck!

MST995
Rookie
Rookie

Re: To those applying in NY....

Postby MST995 » 14 May 2010, 17:19

Thanks for your assistance! I am not aware of any discrepencies, but I will thoroughly go through the documents I have tomorrow just to be sure.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”