a question about my greatuncle's wife naturalization ca

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
nazca
Elite
Elite

a question about my greatuncle's wife naturalization ca

Postby nazca » 12 Jul 2010, 18:04

Hi,
i found a naturalization card (form g543) of my greataunt Maria Campione-Genualdi dated 1936. He was married with my greatuncle Ernesto Genualdi.They was married in Palermo in 1915.They arrived in USA nov.18 1920 and settled in Chicago. I found the form g543 for Maria Campione but i can't find the same for my greatuncle Ernesto. How is this possible? They was naturalized on 1936 when they return in USA from a journey in Sicily: is this possible? The surname sometimes appear Gennaldi , Genuardi and so one. In 1930 Chicago Census manifest they results like "alien".

best regards.

Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: a question about my greatuncle's wife naturalizatio

Postby Tessa78 » 12 Jul 2010, 18:47

Ciao Vincenzo :-)

Is this your relative Ernesto? Same address as Maria...

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5895 ... iusnat.jpg

Click on the opened image to enlarge... :-)

T.

nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: a question about my greatuncle's wife naturalizatio

Postby nazca » 13 Jul 2010, 07:10

Hi Tessa,
thank you for your interest. I think he was my greatuncle: my surname is so rare.... Do you know why there isn't date of birth and naturalization on form? I have tried to request this form to USCIS and NARA without success. Maybe i can try another time with this form. Where have you found this form? on Ancestry?

best regards.
Vincenzo.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”