Consulate Service, Italian Embassy (DC)

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

Consulate Service, Italian Embassy (DC)

Postby sforza » 13 Jul 2010, 01:14

Has anyone used this consulate? As a DC resident, I was told I would have to use this forum. I was hoping I could complete the process with my parents and sister, who live in north Jersey, but it appears not. I'm assuming this means we can't use the same documentation either.

Re: Consulate Service, Italian Embassy (DC)

Postby johnnyonthespot » 13 Jul 2010, 11:33

It is common in a case like this for one person to apply first and then, after recognition, the others can apply at their own consulate making reference to the file number of the first case, thus eliminating the need to repeat all the documents which would otherwise be the same for each case.

However, as mentioned in another thread, the best option may be for your parent to apply first and then after recognition simply register the births of yourself and your sibling(s).

You should inquire at your parent's consulate and ask if they will allow this for adult children who do not live within their jurisdiction. If I were you, I would lie a little:

"Good morning! I am a dual US/Italian citizen registered in this consulate's AIRE database. I would like to register the birth of my adult child; she lives in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Shall I register her here or must I use the Chicago consulate?"

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”