Naturalization 1896

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
lilbees
Master
Master

Naturalization 1896

Postby lilbees » 17 Jul 2010, 12:48

I am not sure where to write for information regarding the naturalization of a family member.

The family lived their lives in Queens, New York. Flushing was also mentioned as a place of residence.

Nothing shows online and nothing from the NCIS either. Would I write to some court in Queens?

Thanks for any help.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Naturalization 1896

Postby PeterTimber » 17 Jul 2010, 14:32

Lilbees try www.naturalizationrecords.com since NCIS doesn't seem to help you. Did you try NARA.gov ? =Peter=
~Peter~

lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Naturalization 1896

Postby lilbees » 17 Jul 2010, 14:56

Hey, thanks Peter. Tried all of the above. I am wondering if the LDS has films for Queens. I am sure, since it was so early, that none of the state courts would have anything for that area. Did not need information from the record other than possibly a copy of the naturalization.

I have my great grandfathers record which really tells you not much of anything but it is nice to have. Gennaro was my 1st cousin 2X removed and only the 2nd of 3 in the family that immigrated to the U.S

Will have to check with the Family History Center to see what they may have.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”