Certified Copy of Letters

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
VittorioE
Rookie
Rookie

Certified Copy of Letters

Postby VittorioE » 25 Jul 2010, 13:51

Hi everyone... Wow... I wish I had found this forum 6 months ago!!!

So I got my "official" letter from the USCIS... not sure what I was expecting... but not even color stationary... looks like a photocopy.... but it's the official Certification of Non Existence...

Here's my question... my sister is applying at the SF Consulate... and I am at the LA Consulate... I need to make a "certified" copy of this letter.... but in California that is not something that a notary can do!

Does anyone have any experience with this is California? I was thinking maybe it was something a County Clerk could do... but I don't want to hall myself over to the courthouse without knowing!! :roll:

Thoughts?!

Thanks
VE

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Certified Copy of Letters

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Jul 2010, 14:03

Call up the Italian Consulate where you are in LA and ask them what should you do and if they can't tell you call the San francisco Consulate. If they still cannot help you then I would call the Italian Cultural Institute in Westwood LA and ask to speak with their legal department (they are part of the Italian foreign Ministry) and explain your plight to them. =Peter=
~Peter~

VittorioE
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Certified Copy of Letters

Postby VittorioE » 25 Jul 2010, 18:48

Thanks Peter... I will do that... anyone have any experience in LA with getting certified copies of documents?

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”