NYC apostille

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

NYC apostille

Postby bmilazzo » 11 Aug 2010, 16:23

I have my father's birth certificate and the exemplification. Do I now send it to the county of Manhattan for an Apostille and then on to the NY Sec of state?

Re: NYC apostille

Postby johnnyonthespot » 11 Aug 2010, 17:34

Apostilles are issued only by the Office of the Secretary of State.

How do I obtain an Apostille or Authentication?

All birth and death records originating from the five boroughs of New York City (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island) must be certified together with a Letter of Exemplification by contacting the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 125 Worth Street, New York, NY 10013. The telephone number is 212-NEW YORK. The Letter of Exemplification must be requested when ordering the birth or death certificate. The original document must then be presented to the New York County Clerk’s office to verify the signature of the City Clerk. The New York County Clerk is located at 60 Centre Street, New York, NY 10007. The document can then be presented to the New York State Department of State for authentication.

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”