Question About March 10, 1975 law ??

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
LoveJesus22
Rookie
Rookie

Question About March 10, 1975 law ??

Postby LoveJesus22 » 22 Aug 2010, 15:21

Hi...
Less then 24 hours And i will go to the nearest italian consualte to reacquire my italian citizenship..i found that i'm qualified but just this is the last ting that may stop the process !!

March 10, 1975
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Circolare no. 9 of July 4, 2001), prior to August 15, 1992 (see below), an Italian minor triggered the loss of his/her Italian citizenship only if both of the following conditions (A and B) existed at any time before his/her legal adulthood:

A. The minor acquired or possessed a foreign citizenship other than one which was granted automatically by virtue of being born in a foreign country.

B. A sufficient number of the minor's parent(s) lost Italian citizenship. "Sufficient number" means either of the following must be true:

this is the most important question and the last gap i ever found..
For A..does it mean a jus soli..i mean does it mean that the minor might have acquired the foreign citizenship only in countries like USA or Canada ( countries that give citizenship by birth) ?
Or it means also if the minor is born to another individual like Egyptian (in Egypt) or another ?
my situation was here http://www.italgen.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=17622.html

less than 24 to know my destiny..
Thanks
:wink:

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”