trouble finding italian birth certificates.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

trouble finding italian birth certificates.

Postby sceaminmonkey » 12 Sep 2010, 19:50

My GGF was born in Naples , Naples. his wife was born in Cimitle , naples. the birth certificates are from 1887 and after. I am having trouble locating them and the fact that naples was the most bombed city in world war II makes me worried. I am applying through NYC consualte and need advice. what else can I give them and if i cant find them what can I do? someone give me advice please!

mler
Master
Master

Re: trouble finding italian birth certificates.

Postby mler » 12 Sep 2010, 21:08

Did you get any response at all from Naples? I waited about three months for my gf's birth certificate, but it did come through.

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 12 Sep 2010, 21:24

Not yet the service I used to order screwed up on the name and another has not been reliable so far.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 12 Sep 2010, 22:08

You can write directly to Naples and request these documents yourself at no cost / just the cost of postage.

Comune di Napoli
Servizio Centrale Civile
Ufficio Corrispondenza Valori
II traversa privata, Parco Quadrifoglio
80126 Napoli
ITALY

Email might also work: stato.civile@comune.napoli.it (remove the spaces)

You can find form letters to use for this purpose here http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp and here http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 12 Sep 2010, 23:01

First off thank you both so much! What of they can not find them what can I do for proof he existed ?

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 13 Sep 2010, 00:48

Don't worry about it before you make the attempt on your own. Naples will respond. Do as Carmine suggests and request it yourself.

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 13 Sep 2010, 03:27

Do they respond quickly to email? and will it be annoying to have two services contact them then request it myself ? I know thats a paranoid thought but I ask because its a different culture all together. :?

Carmine and Mlr did either of you have your citizenship recognized? if you guys posted it up I would love to read about it . you both seem to know a good deal and People could probally benefit from it !

thanks again,
Dave

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”