USCIS letter

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Donald66
Veteran
Veteran

USCIS letter

Postby Donald66 » 14 Sep 2010, 00:07

We provided several USCIS letters confirming our grandfathers Non Existence of Citizenship status during our 7/10 appointment @ the NYC Consulate.

Our interviewer stated that all the letters were insufficient.

He wants ALL the various surname spellings on 1 letter.

I have sent 2 letters to USCIS requesting all the various spellings be placed on 1 Non Existence letter since 7/19/10 and have yet to get a response.

Should we go ahead with the 2nd appointment absent the letter??

SChiarini
Rookie
Rookie

Re: USCIS letter

Postby SChiarini » 14 Sep 2010, 01:22

Donald,

I know this isnt an answer to your question, but in reference to the variation of surname spellings... what if the last name never had a variation? For example, my ggf last name was Proscia... and was consistent on all documents. I wouldn't be able to ask USCIS to check for various surname spellings could I?

Donald66
Veteran
Veteran

Re: USCIS letter

Postby Donald66 » 14 Sep 2010, 02:01

SChiarini wrote:Donald,

I know this isnt an answer to your question, but in reference to the variation of surname spellings... what if the last name never had a variation? For example, my ggf last name was Proscia... and was consistent on all documents. I wouldn't be able to ask USCIS to check for various surname spellings could I?

You can put "A/K/A"s on your request, however, if no differences have appeared on your documents, I wouldnt do it.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”