NYC Appointment

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

NYC Appointment

Postby KarenChristino » 16 Sep 2010, 16:07

Just made an appointment for myself, my brother and sister with the NYC Consulate for August 18, 2011. They had some dates earlier in the month but I thought one of us might be on vacation (who knows what we'll be doing a year from now?). Did not want to wait until September! Very nice customer service guy in Ireland.

Of course now I am freaking out because I still don't have my GF's birth record from Manhattan. I've been looking for almost a year so now I have another year. If I don't find it by then, will just have to go with what I've got!

I have all my other docs, just need to get my birth certificate, Apostilles and originals from Italy.

Karen

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Re: NYC Appointment

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 17 Sep 2010, 04:18

At least you have time to get everything squared away. I waited until every document was ready with apostille and translation until I made my appt and now I can't schedule an appt! My local consulate is telling me to try back in 2011 and maybe I can schedule one then. I'd say be happy you have an end in sight, even if its a year away and make sure you are ready to go next Aug. Buona Fortuna!!
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany

KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

Re: NYC Appointment

Postby KarenChristino » 17 Sep 2010, 13:02

What prompted me to finally pick up the phone and do it was someone posting to this site your very situation! I'll bet in January they will be getting a lot of phone calls.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”