birth certificate from non-Hague convention country

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

birth certificate from non-Hague convention country

Postby desonia69 » 18 Sep 2010, 21:13

I am applying through my great great grandfather by blood. I was born in the Philippines. The Philippines is not part of the Hague Convention. I read the statement(s) about getting my birth certificate legalized (no apostille for the Philippines) by the Philippines, sent to the Italian Embassy in the Philippines, and then brought to the local Italian Embassy/Consul in Miami. Is there any letter I should attach to my birth certificate (with translation and Philippine authentication) that would let the Italian Embassy in the Philippines know why it is getting my documents? Does anyone have a sample or template that you used for a birth certificate from a non-US/non-Italian country that is not part of the Hague Convention? Thanks.
desonia69

Re: birth certificate from non-Hague convention country

Postby backwoodsman » 31 Aug 2012, 02:44

I know this is a very old post, but were you successful in getting your birth certificate legalized by the Italian Embassy in the Philippines? I ask because I'm in the same situation and have been unable to get any response from the embassy. Can you (or anyone else?) give me any pointers on getting through to the embassy in Manila?
backwoodsman

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship