translating question...

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

translating question...

Postby SChiarini » 20 Sep 2010, 14:45

Hi all

Thank you for all your help thus far... I really couldn't have went through this process without you!

My apt date is quickly approaching- I just need the translating done... however on the marriage certificates of my parents and grandparents there seem to be 2 pages... the first page has the info about the bride and groom and the second page seems to be about the certificate of the priest performing the marriage.

Do both need to be translated or just the first page?

Re: translating question...

Postby johnnyonthespot » 20 Sep 2010, 14:54

I sense continued confusion over the rules regards translations.

When I applied in New York in mid-2008 (GF -> Father -> Myself), the only documents which required translation were my birth certificate, my marriage certificate/license, and my wife's birth certificate (sine we married before April 27, 1983, she was entitled to automatic citizenship upon approval of my own).

Before spending a great deal of money on translations, take the time to find out exactly what your consulate requires. Do not trust the consulate websites, as they specify many requirements (such as collecting non direct-line documents) which, in fact, are almost never required. Also, be very wary of the paid "help" line as they are known to give out erroneous information as well.

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”