Newark, NYC, or DC

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Newark, NYC, or DC

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 23 Sep 2010, 19:32

Ciao Tutti,

As many of you probably know, the Philadelphia consulate is scheduled to close in late 2011 or early 2012. I'm hoping this doesn't actually happen or at least is delayed long enough for me to schedule and appointment as I've heard nothing but good things about the citizenship office there.

But, if the consulate does close before I get a chance to present my documents there, I was wondering if anyone knows if Pittsburgh (or perhaps all of Pennsylvania) is supposed to transfer to New York's, Washington DC's, or Newark, NJ's jurisdiction.

My best guess (not based on much though) is that Delaware will be heading to Newark, West Virgina and PA to NYC, North Carolina and Virginia to DC and I'm not sure where to put Maryland.

And, if we know where me and my fellow PA residents will be heading after we lose our consulate, does anyone know how easy to deal with these other offices are?

mler
Master
Master

Re: Newark, NYC, or DC

Postby mler » 23 Sep 2010, 20:37

No one will know until it happens. I'm not even certain that the Philadelphia office will close.

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Re: Newark, NYC, or DC

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 23 Sep 2010, 21:12

I certainly hope it will stay open. I have had nothing but positive dealings with everyone at the Philly consulate and I have been bothering them enough about scheduling an appointment that they certainly could have gotten sick of me :wink:

I do wonder if we do lose Philly, if the other consulates are as helpful. And when would we know? I guess no one really knows for sure.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”