health care and working.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mike123
Rookie
Rookie

health care and working.

Postby mike123 » 26 Sep 2010, 22:34

just curious. when I hopefully register my self as a citizen if I wanted to work in italy, what would I need and how would I go about obtaining it? how would I get charged for taxes? and how would one go about getting health care?

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: health care and working.

Postby johnnyonthespot » 26 Sep 2010, 23:19

Mike, the ExpatsInItaly forum is the place to go for answers to these questions. http://expatsinitaly.com/phpbbforum/viewforum.php?f=2
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

jennabet
Master
Master

Re: health care and working.

Postby jennabet » 28 Sep 2010, 01:29

Upon arriving in Italy with your Italian passport, you must register your address and apply for residence at the Comune. The Comune will take your info and send an official to your house to make sure you are who you say you are and that you do live there. He will ask you to sign a document and then he will tell you when you can go back to the Comune and get your Carta d'Identita. Once the Carta d'Identita is issued, you can go to Tessera Sanitaria to get your health insurance card and select your own primary care physician from the Sanitaria list. You can start applying for work when you have your Carta d'Identita. You will also need a Codice Fiscale to open a bank account and you can do this before you get the ID card as long as you have an Italian passport. It takes one to two weeks to get all the documents that pertain to residency.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”