NARA & NIAGARA FALLS COURTHOUSE

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jennabet
Master
Master

NARA & NIAGARA FALLS COURTHOUSE

Postby jennabet » 27 Sep 2010, 23:55

I know this topic has appeared before in this forum, but can someone supply me with the mailing address and/or email address for NARA? Also, do any of the New Yorker's here have an address for the Courthouse in Niagara Falls where naturalization records may be on file? Thanks in advance.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: NARA & NIAGARA FALLS COURTHOUSE

Postby johnnyonthespot » 30 Sep 2010, 12:25

Jennabet, I just stumbled upon this post; perhaps you already have the info but,

NARA New York:

Telephone: 866-840-1752
Email: newyork.archives@nara.gov (remove the spaces)

Niagara County naturalization records appear to be held by the Office of the County Historian: http://www.niagaracounty.com/department ... =Historian
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

jennabet
Master
Master

Postby jennabet » 30 Sep 2010, 20:55

Grazie Carmine. I was on the NARA website and found it confusing. I also tried out Footnote but didn't find anything I was looking for so I cancelled out of the free trial. But I am making a lot of progress and have already received documentation from the local court and from USCIS. Now I just need something from NARA. And yes, trying to prove a negative is more difficult. My own grand-father WAS naturalized and my case was much easier.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 30 Sep 2010, 21:04

Jennabet - I am quoting below from one of my posts in another thread:

Another option - faster and less expensive - is the National Archives. Unfortunately, for most parts of the country, NARA only holds naturalization records from the federal courts. Start here https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonl ... chives.gov and click Order Reproductions, then Immigration & Naturalization Records.

Hope it helps!
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”