How to actually amend certificates in NYC

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mike123
Rookie
Rookie

How to actually amend certificates in NYC

Postby mike123 » 28 Sep 2010, 00:48

I see alot of postings saying it wont matter and they wont care. I would like to know if I need to amend a birth, a marriage or a death certificate in NYC what is the process. Please post other threads up as I am sure it has already been answered and I have just missed it.

Gianna75010
Rookie
Rookie

Re: How to actually amend certificates in NYC

Postby Gianna75010 » 28 Sep 2010, 10:04

I had to amend my father's NYC birth certificate. Specifically, his parents first names on the birth certificate had to be amended (e.g. from Anthony to Antonio). My father is living so he had to submit the amendment himself. He filled out an amendment form, provide copies of documentation for the change (e.g. copies of his parents' birth certificates) and signed it. Then I went in person with the form, a copy of his identification and submitted it. You also have to submit a form to request copies of the amended birth certificate at the same time. The amendment took about 4 months to process. I don't know how to make an amendment if the person is deceased.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”