chances of sooner appointment

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

chances of sooner appointment

Postby sceaminmonkey » 26 Oct 2010, 00:50

I want to see what are the chances of calling in to see if the NYC consulate had any cancelations. is it worth a try? keep in mind they charge per minute. and my appointment is on december 9th

beauac
Veteran
Veteran

Re: chances of sooner appointment

Postby beauac » 26 Oct 2010, 12:32

If you can afford it, it is worth it. People must cancel 48 hours before an appointment. So if one were in dire need or an earlier appointment and had the money it would make sense to call often to see if anybody cancelled. Of course I lucked out and scored a cancellation my first time calling and therefore avoided a nearly year wait. :D

By the way I think you can plan on the minum cost for a call to the consulate at 20 dollars. I was on hold for only a couple minutes and then when they answered it was just the facts then we hung up and it was 20.

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Re: chances of sooner appointment

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 26 Oct 2010, 15:49

I'd definitely go for it. I'm always hoping an opening will pop up in Philly, but they don't answer the phones, so it is harder to grab a cancellation. Why wait, if you don't have to? Especially, considering many times it takes a couple appointments to be done with the process.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”