Italian Military Records

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Italian Military Records

Postby Macali » 25 Jun 2004, 12:58

This may be the wrong forum for this post, but I am interested in finding out if an ancestor served in the Italian army. Is there a source available for determining this information? The only information I have for the individual is his name, date and place of birth. Thank you.......Macali
Macali

Re: Italian Military Records

Postby suanj » 25 Jun 2004, 16:09

Macali wrote:This may be the wrong forum for this post, but I am interested in finding out if an ancestor served in the Italian army. Is there a source available for determining this information? The only information I have for the individual is his name, date and place of birth. Thank you.......Macali

If you know ancestor name, relatives name, max aproximative birth year, and birth province are possible to write to ARCHIVIO DI STATO of birth province and to ask an kind search in folder "Liste di leva e/o Ruoli matricolari"= italian army...
regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship