Unresponsive comune, its been almost a year!!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Unresponsive comune, its been almost a year!!!

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Cherry wrote:
jennabet wrote:The Italian version of Registered mail is called "Recomendata".
Raccomandata. Better if "Raccomandata con ricevuta di ritorno" which means that if they receive what you have send them, they send you back a signed receipt.

Just a question: did you write in English or in Italian? If it's a small comune it may be that no-one there can speak English.

Cheers
Flo
I write in Italian and include an English version as well. I would be happy to send money if asked to do so; since I always include an email address it should be a simple matter for the comune to make such a request - and, yes, they do have email there.

I have sent the same basic letter to other comuni with excellent results: Malvito CS has responded to my many regular postal mail requests always in less than three weeks. A recent request faxed to Sant'Agata di Esaro CS on October 27 resulted in my receiving the requested document via postal mail on November 4.

For moulin: are you referring to Roccasecca FR or to Roccasecca dei Vosci LT? In my case, I am referring to the former.

The only documents I have managed to obtain from Roccasecca came with the help of someone living some distance away who offered to visit the comune on my behalf. A few weeks later I wrote a very carefully worded letter expressing my sincere appreciation to the stato civile official for his "kind assistance" and added one small additional request. I paid to have it professionally translated, then sent it via Express Mail. Nothing. No response at all.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Roccasecca's civil records were pretty much destroyed in WW2. The records were reconstructed but I think many of them were lost in later years. They have even been unresponsive when I have made a personal visit. A marriage record they did provide for 1910 did not have the parents names.
Parish records are much more complete but are controlled by one priest for both parishes. I have a search there in December so I will let you know how it goes.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
hollyolly7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hollyolly7 »

Hi Everyone,

I'm having the same problem as well but with the Archivio dello Stato di Piacenza and the Diocesi di Bobbio-Piacenza..for a baptismal certificate/military certificate. I've written a couple times and they haven't responded. It's been a few months now and I'm wondering if 1) I should just go there and see what they say myself or 2) Just send another letter with a raccomandata + money.
What do you think?
Cherry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cherry »

hollyolly7 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm having the same problem as well but with the Archivio dello Stato di Piacenza and the Diocesi di Bobbio-Piacenza..for a baptismal certificate/military certificate. I've written a couple times and they haven't responded. It's been a few months now and I'm wondering if 1) I should just go there and see what they say myself or 2) Just send another letter with a raccomandata + money.
What do you think?
Dear,
I live in Piacenza. ___Would you like me to call them and ask on the items of your interest? Or then pick them up and send them to you?
Let me Know.
Flo
hollyolly7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hollyolly7 »

Wow, I really appreciate your offer, that would be a wonderful help!
Here I'll give you the information: (This would be for the Diocesi di Bobbio-Piacenza)
Giovanni Molinelli
born in Bertone comune di Ottone
19/9/1875
parents are Bartolomeo and Celestina

His baptismal record was hand written in latin. I hear it's possible for them put it in Italian with of course the official stamp or seal of the diocesi to make it official.
If you could do that for me that would be so so great. Thanks again
Cherry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cherry »

Ok no problem. If you can please tell me to who or what in particular you've already written, that may help to forward your request (I mean, did you address your request to a particular office in the Diocesi?)
I'll call tomorrow, Monday and then tell you if I've been any effective.

Here I found some numbers about the Archivi Storici Diocesani:
Direttore: don Angiolino Bulla
tel 3475938416
Funzionario: Munari dott. Franco
tel 0523308316 0523308319

Are perhaps those two the people you wrote to?
Cheers,
Flo
hollyolly7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hollyolly7 »

Here is the website: http://www.diocesipiacenzabobbio.org/
I am assuming it would be in the archivio (which in the website is under beni culturali); that's where I had the letter sent to. I've called but never got an answer.
Thanks again :)
Cherry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cherry »

Ok!
Cherry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cherry »

Dear,
I spoke to Padre Bulla, very kind and helpful.
He says is going to Bobbio next Thursday and so he could be able to tell me if he finds anything by the end of this week.
I'll tell you imediately after.
Cheers,
Floriana
signoretti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by signoretti »

I have had the same problem with Rome. It has been 2 years. I have sent multipe requests, and have received a response back twice. Once asking for international postal coupons, when I sent those, I recieved another letter requesting money in their postal acct. I can not do that from the U.S. so I sent euros instead and told them to buy coffee with the extra euros. Well that was over a year ago that I sent the euros, and I am still waiting for a response. I have sent 3 follow up letters and nothing.....
This is so frustrating :( !!! My citizenship appt in in 5 months and I have been waiting 2 years for the appt. I do not know what to do next!
All other comunes I have written have responded within 3 weeks and have never asked for money.
Good luck with your situation! The lady that is helping you is awesome!!
Researching Surnames:
Signoretti, Serroni, Moretti (Citta di Castello)
Ravetta, Clerici, Motta, Colli (Novara)
Cherry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cherry »

Hello "Signoretti",
I feel lucky on these tasks today, so tell me who and what are looking for in Rome, I'll try to call them on your behalf.
Cheers
Floriana
hollyolly7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hollyolly7 »

Dear Floriana,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with him--Bobbio is a nearby comune but is not the comune of Bertone. I don't know if you/he knows this or if the document would be there but I just wanted to clarify with you.
Bertone is a one-street village in the comune of Ottone, province of Piacenza. I really appreciate all your help.... :) Thanks again.

Holly
Cherry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cherry »

hollyolly7 wrote:Dear Floriana,

Thank you so much for getting in touch with him--Bobbio is a nearby comune but is not the comune of Bertone. I don't know if you/he knows this or if the document would be there but I just wanted to clarify with you.
Bertone is a one-street village in the comune of Ottone, province of Piacenza. I really appreciate all your help.... :) Thanks again.

Holly
Yes Holly,
Bobbio is where the archive regarding that part of the diocesi is. Padre Bulla seems to be quite aware of the procedures for documents necessary to get the citizenship and your data were quite specific so I'm optimistic. :-)
Flo
hollyolly7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hollyolly7 »

Ok great! ;)
signoretti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by signoretti »

Dear Floriana ~

That would be wonderful!!!
I am looking for my great grandmothers birth record. Her name was Lena Motta. She was born in Rome on 30 july 1894.
Lena's mothers name was Rita Ravetta and her fathers name was Ercole Motta.

Thank you so so much!!!!! :D

Emily
Researching Surnames:
Signoretti, Serroni, Moretti (Citta di Castello)
Ravetta, Clerici, Motta, Colli (Novara)