DO LETTERS OF CAN NOT AMEND NEED TO BE TRANSLATED?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

DO LETTERS OF CAN NOT AMEND NEED TO BE TRANSLATED?

Postby sceaminmonkey » 04 Nov 2010, 18:03

well my question is just what it sounds like. do letters that certificates can not be amended need to be translated?

beauac
Veteran
Veteran

Re: DO LETTERS OF CAN NOT AMEND NEED TO BE TRANSLATED?

Postby beauac » 04 Nov 2010, 18:08

Seems like they would appreciate it but lets hear what others say. The better question is why do they need such a letter to begin with when they have been over it with people a million times and by now should know the story.

JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Postby JavaisLife » 09 Nov 2010, 21:41

Screamingmonkey - I had mine translated, Gabriella did my translation and I think it cost about $15 or $20.

It's probably not necessary, but since it's such an important piece of your application - I do not see how it could hurt.

- M

JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Postby JavaisLife » 09 Nov 2010, 21:45

@ Beauac - "The better question is why do they need such a letter to begin with when they have been over it with people a million times and by now should know the story."

Because it's part of the application process. My GGF is obviously dead, but I had to still supply a death certificate. As well, if you can think about it, in this sense - you are showing disrespect to the Consulate if you are disrespecting the process.

In short, we all need to do the work. Plus, the challenge is half the fun. ;)

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 09 Nov 2010, 22:22

It's a pain And just makes me anxious

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 09 Nov 2010, 22:24

The rule has always appeared to be that the only documents requiring translations are those which will actually be sent to your ancestral comune for registration. Those documents are:

the applicant's birth and marriage certificates

the birth certificates of the applicant's spouse and/or children (if they are applying as well)

the applicant's divorce decree, if applicable

All other documents which you present to the consulate are solely for the consulate's use in determining the merits of your application. Since all consular employees are fluent in English and used to dealing with all of these documents, there is no reason to translate them.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Postby JavaisLife » 09 Nov 2010, 22:30

Agreed w/ Carmine - It's not necessary, but it's more of a "why not". ... If you have the time and money go for it - if not, don't worry about it.

However, as I was saying to Beauac - you still need the letter :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”