Help with Amending

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
gottogetit
Rookie
Rookie

Help with Amending

Postby gottogetit » 07 Nov 2010, 17:12

My Father goes by the first name Michael. on his Birth Cert. It shows Mariano no reference to Michael. WW2 discharge papers show Michael as first name. SS card Show Michael. My birth Cert. shows Michael. Drivers license shows Michael Mario. Marriage cert. shows Michael. GF is Mariano my father is a Junior.

My question is if a amend my fathers Birth Cert. as Michael Mariano i hope this will solve the problem. Am i correct? Also, Illinios puts a line through the original name on the birth cert. and places the correction above. Is this also ok?

Thanks

Mark

jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with Amending

Postby jcat » 07 Nov 2010, 19:59

I'm not sure that you even need to amend his birth certificate, as all of his other ID has his name as it is now. I presented my dad's documents last year in Miami,his birth certificate read Renaldo John....all of his other documents read john which technically would have been his middle name going by his birth certificate...also my grandfathers Italian birth certificate read Vincenzo as his first name,all of his other documents read James,he changed his name at some point after coming to the USA....no problems...I'd present everything that you have as is,if they have a problem with his name on the birth certificate then the consulate will tell you that you need to amend....if so,you just amend it and mail it to them....as long as all of the dates of birth on each document match up you should be ok....good luck!
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com

gottogetit
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gottogetit » 07 Nov 2010, 21:26

Thanks Jcat, you might be right, why change something if they haven't told you...

jcat
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jcat » 07 Nov 2010, 22:47

Your welcome gottogetit.....Good luck to you!
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”