Certify State Census?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

Certify State Census?

Postby KarenChristino » 17 Nov 2010, 20:51

Does anyone know how/where I can get a State Census record certified? It's from New York State.

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Re: Certify State Census?

Postby sceaminmonkey » 17 Nov 2010, 21:05

certified copies are available from NARA on Varick street

KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KarenChristino » 18 Nov 2010, 01:13

The NARA online request form for says they only have Federal Census records, but I guess that was not the local branch. Can you e-mail or write to them or do you have to go in?

Thank you!

Karen

KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KarenChristino » 02 Dec 2010, 15:57

I e-mailed NARA on Varick Street regarding certifying a NYS Census record, but have still not heard back from them. In the meantime, I wrote to the NY Public Library, and they say that they will certify documents from their collection. They also have a fee based service you can order for them to do the research for you along with a certified copy at http://www.nypl.org/ask-nypl/research-q ... roductions.

It sounds like the NYC Municipal Archives will also certify documents in their collection (and they have the NYS Census), but you have to go in (they won't do the research for you). http://www.nyc.gov/html/records/html/vi ... tml#census

KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KarenChristino » 04 Dec 2010, 23:02

I just heard from Angela Tudico from NARA at Varick St. (NYC). She says that unfortunately they only carry Federal records and nothing on the State level. She referred me to the NY Public Library, so I guess that's the place to go!

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”