Passenger Arrival

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Passenger Arrival

Post by suanj »

ptimber wrote:Suanj I alrready thru all the Steve Moprse websites and the Jewishgen sites old and new. There is something wrong with the information she is providing. Peter
Forse è così Peter...!
suanj
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

Dear Suanj and Peter:

The two of you are so wonderful for all the effort you are putting in to help me.

The information I provided was from a copy of Pietro's naturalization papers. I can only assume the data are correct.

I know Grandpa spoke of being detained at Ellis Island so I'm assuming the port of entry noted on the papers is correct. The papers are signed "Pietro Perugini". He gives the dates as leaving Naples 26 february 1905, arriving New York 8 March 1905 on the Princess Louise.

I THINK he went to Elkins, W. Va. before returning to marry in New York. I have a copy of his church marriage certificate stating the marriage took place in Bronx, NY in 1911.

Thanks,

Ginnyo
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to the family history library of the Mormon church nearest your home request NARA micorfilm T621 for the year 1905 and look at the arrival for Pietro on March 8,1905 or arouind that date because on March 9, 1905 a ship called the Koenigin Luise also came to NYC from the Mediterranean. It may be that he did come in on the 9th of March and the name was mispelled. Peter
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

Will do. Thank you.

Ginnyo
sbsct

Post by sbsct »

Maybe this is closer to the record you seek?
Not 18, but everything else looks pretty close. Check it out at ellis island records -

PERAZIANI, PIETRO
ITALIAN SOUTH
MONTEFINE
May 19, 1905
23Y
M
S
CITTA DI REGGIO

Good luck in your continued search
Sherry
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Please let me know when you get to the Microfilm of his arrival on the Koengin luise on or about March 9, 1905 Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Well are this:
Pietro PERUGINI
Birth Date: 27 Jun 1890
Death Date: Oct 1979
Social Security Number: 076-28-2883
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: New York

Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 10472
Localities: Bronx, Bronx, New York
Soundview, Bronx, New York

IF this are your Pietro ancestor, are possible to know someone details from the Census?? for exemple, for to controll, birth of emigration??? I'm assuming port are correct, but someone data are incorrect ..
suanj
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

Hi Suanj:

Yes this is my grandfather. I have checked the 1930 census and some things seem to agree. I have not been able to check out the Morman film since I had an accident and have not been able to get out. However, I will do this as soon as I can. Thank you Suanj, Peter, and Sherry. I will let you know whatever I find out.

Ginnyo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ginnyo wrote:Hi Suanj:

My grandfather did have an uncle Guiseppe whom I know nothing about.

Perhaps this Carmine was my grandfather's cousin.

My great-grandfather's name was Pellegrino.

I looked at the manifest but could not understand the handwriting. He said he came to visit his cousin? Pietro, no last name, and I can't understand the address.

Still, no official information on my grandfather's entry. Only his statement from his naturalization papers.

Ginnyo
Hi Ginnyo, are this your ancestor's father:
Perugini, Pellegrino- 54 age- October 23, 1905 date of arrival -Calabria ship-Naples port of departure.
??? but coming from Casalduni very near Morcone... http://marie.bravepages.com/casman.htm
suggestions? suanj