Is Th anything to do so I don't lose ameerican citizens

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Is Th anything to do so I don't lose ameerican citizens

Postby sceaminmonkey » 30 Nov 2010, 04:43

Is there any thing I need to do or register with to make sure I do. Not lose my American citizenship?

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Is Th anything to do so I don't lose ameerican citi

Postby johnnyonthespot » 30 Nov 2010, 12:24

Nope.

It is nearly impossible to lose your US citizenship, even if you wanted to. See http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship ... p_776.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

uwlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Postby uwlaw » 01 Dec 2010, 19:15

Carmine is correct. Many people with dual citizenship who wish to renounce their US citizenship in order to avoid double taxation are right now learning just how hard it is to do so. There is a waiting list of nearly a year at the US consulate in London for those who are attempting to renounce.

Note also that if you are applying for jure sanguinis citizenship, you are not even naturalizing in a foreign country by having your Italian citizenship recognized. Rather, you have been a citizen since birth and are simply asking for confirmation of that fact.

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 01 Dec 2010, 19:49

That's what I thought I just wanted to be sure. I am happy to be an Italian but i would never give up my American citizenship

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”