Documents Received - Questions

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
MisterG

Documents Received - Questions

Postby MisterG » 07 Dec 2010, 02:33

Hello!
I recently discovered that I qualify for Italian citizenship Jure Sanguinis, and I've begun the journey toward gathering the documentation so that I can be recognized as an Italian citizen. The connection is via my GGF, GF, F, and the two most concerning steps were to obtain the naturalization records for my GGF, and the birth and marriage certificates from Italy for my GGF and GGM (both from the same town, and married there too).

I wrote USCIS and 3 months later got a copy of the naturalization certificate. Although this is a lower res scan, the poor image quality is what I received.
Question #1: Is this copy good enough, and is this exactly what I need to satisfy the requirement?

Much to my delight, today I received the response to my request for the documents from Italy. However, the documentation I received does not look like official certificates, although they do bear a seal and signatures. I received two documents which say "extract of the register of births".
Question #2: Are this and this the official birth certificate documents for my Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother? Will these be accepted by the consulate as proof of birth?

I did not receive any documentation of the marriage, although I noticed that in the handwritten portion of the birth documents the marriage is mentioned. I was expecting a proper document, because my aunt has a .jpg of one.
Question #3: Do I need to find a marriage certificate? Or are the notes on the birth certificates enough?
Question #4: If I DO need a marriage certificate, will a print out of my aunt's document suffice? Or will I need to continue to pursue this document from Sant' Agata Di Militello, complete with original seal and signature?

Thanks so much for any help anyone can provide! It is much appreciated!

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”