Positivo-negativo letter. should I hand it in?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Positivo-negativo letter. should I hand it in?

Postby sceaminmonkey » 08 Dec 2010, 04:19

so if you follow my case you know there is some date discrepancies on my GGF naturalization paper work. So I ordered the positive negative paper work from my ancestral commune. When my mom went in for her appointment the gentleman either did not care about the discrepancy or he did not notice. none the less I wanted to be prepared. Should I during my appointment hand it in? or will it just point out the discrepancy? should I only give it in if he ask for it?

kontessa
Elite
Elite

Re: Positivo-negativo letter. should I hand it in?

Postby kontessa » 08 Dec 2010, 08:25

Just my opinion - don't offer additional documentation until they request clarification. Perhaps the consulate doesn't have an issue with the discrepancies, or they have been over-looked (wishful thinking with NYC). Presently, it seems like NYC lets applicants know fairly quickly if there are problems- 3 months maybe? Calma, calma. :D

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 08 Dec 2010, 13:19

Wait they will let me know in 3 months if there is a problem?

kontessa
Elite
Elite

Postby kontessa » 08 Dec 2010, 13:57

sceaminmonkey wrote:Wait they will let me know in 3 months if there is a problem?

Some people are informed immediately during their appointment, and others are informed afterward. From what other recent applicants have posted about their experiences, NYC seems to be (stressing 'seems to be') informing some applicants of problems with documentation within a brief period of time after their appointment (if not during). Others are told right away.

I didn't mean to cause problems or worry by stating this...it has been mentioned in a number of write-ups by people applying in NYC. You may have NOTHING to worry about. Just don't offer up any additional documentation unless asked for. :wink:

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 08 Dec 2010, 14:11

Well they let me know about name discrepancies there on the spot so I dunno what to think. What happened at tour appointment?

kontessa
Elite
Elite

Postby kontessa » 08 Dec 2010, 22:39

sceaminmonkey wrote:Well they let me know about name discrepancies there on the spot so I dunno what to think. What happened at tour appointment?

I would recommend reading the posted experiences of other recent NYC applicants, here on this forum as well as the other citizenship forums. This would give you a GENERAL idea of what is currently taking place, keeping in mind that each person's experience will be unique.

I applied in Italy, with my documents being screened by the consulate in NYC (don't ask). If I recall correctly, they informed my comune of document discrepancies within 30 days. I also recall reading of several other NYC applicants (around the same time) that were informed in writing after their appointment that they needed additional documentation or amendments, etc.. Here's hoping that what you hear from the consulate is that your citizenship has been recognized. :)

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 09 Dec 2010, 03:02

yeah appointment is tomorrow ! im very very nervous !

kontessa
Elite
Elite

Postby kontessa » 09 Dec 2010, 08:23

In bocca al lupo. :) Have your documents organized, keep your supplementary evidence close at hand in case they ask for it and be respectful. You will be just fine. :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”