Need Marriage from Italy?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

Need Marriage from Italy?

Postby KarenChristino » 20 Dec 2010, 15:30

I just got an e-mail from my G-Grandparents' comune, sending me birth records (they say they also put them in the mail). Yay! (I had to write to them twice - who knows where the disconnect was.) I only requested my GGF, but they also sent my GGM. There was a margin note in both of their birth records regarding their marriage.

My question is this: Since the official birth records they sent me both repeat the margin notes about their marriage date and spouse, will the Consulate still require a separate marriage record or is this good enough? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Karen

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Re: Need Marriage from Italy?

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 20 Dec 2010, 17:17

Ciao Karen,

My guess would be that you'll send need the actual marriage cert, but you can always go to the appt with what you got and see what they say. The consulate doesn't reject an application due to a missing doc, they just require you to schedule a second appt after getting the missing record. Honestly, I think just about everyone ends up needing a second or third appt before the whole thing ends. I guess it really depends on how much of a pain in the butt it will be to get it.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany

KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KarenChristino » 21 Dec 2010, 01:16

Thanks! The more I think about it, I may as well get it. Some of my other documents are questionable already. Might as well start the appointment on a strong note. All I had to do was write them and it doesn't seem like they're even charging me. I'll wait 'til I get the formal copy in the mail to see if they give me any more info.

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 21 Dec 2010, 01:41

from what I understand it is a required document. I would bring it.

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 21 Dec 2010, 04:24

It is always best to get whatever you can, especially if it is easy and free! Buona Fortuna.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”