Houston Consulate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jalapeno89
Rookie
Rookie

Houston Consulate

Postby jalapeno89 » 27 Dec 2010, 22:06

Has anyone had any luck getting in contact with Houston? i have called, emailed them numerous times but no response... does anyone have any other ideas? i might just drive the 5 hours from New Orleans and show up there to make an appointment... ugh, i need help.

gpomilla

Re: Houston Consulate

Postby gpomilla » 03 Jan 2011, 18:20

I have found the consulate in Houston to be very helpful. I believe they would be closed until after Epiphany. The first step with them is that you have to send an email "mapping" out your ancestry with names showing the blood line. AFTER you have all your documents you can email them for the appt to review your documents.

I just completed mine in November and just received my birth certificate from Corleone. I now have an appt for my passport.

Donald66
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Donald66 » 03 Jan 2011, 23:27

Did you just take a chance and write for the birth certificate or did they just mail it to you?

We had our appointment in October @ NYC Consulate, so I've wondered if I should write the comune a letter and see if I can get a copy of my Italian birth certificate.

jalapeno89
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jalapeno89 » 05 Jan 2011, 00:07

Thanks for the info, i actually spoke to the honorary consul in New Orleans (where i live) and they got me in touch with someone in Houston. Since getting in initial contact with them, they have been very helpful and easy to work with.

They also don't require non-direct line certificates anymore and you can have a friend translate the documents so they have saved me a lot a money....

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 05 Jan 2011, 00:15

What is an honorary consulate ? Are they owned and operated by the Italian government?

jalapeno89
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jalapeno89 » 05 Jan 2011, 04:14

i'm not entirely sure about the exact classification, but he is the representative of Italy in New Orleans.... he said they cannot issue visas or submit my citizenship application, but they do represent the Italian government and provide some consular assistance.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”