IPS Italy?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

IPS Italy?

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 28 Dec 2010, 15:53

I just called to schedule my appointment with the Philadelphia Consulate. They no longer are directly scheduling their own appointments. You now have to go through a service called "IPS Italy". And they charge you for calling, $2.00 a minute 8O

I guess it is better than trying desperately to schedule an appointment to no avail month after month, but still it seems a bit unreasonable.

Unfortunately, they were not in and I had to leave a voice mail, so still no appointment scheduled as of yet, but perhaps progress is being made at long last.

Anyone else have any experience with IPS Italy?

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Re: IPS Italy?

Postby sceaminmonkey » 28 Dec 2010, 16:56

I think that's good news! People have been wondering what's going on with the philly consulate for a while. I think it's good that there staff is only going to put there attention on the application and not on the booking. I think this also puts the roomer of the Philly consulate closing to rest

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 28 Dec 2010, 17:36

In case anyone else is dealing with Philly (IPS is only working with Philly) here is there website

http://www.ipsitaly.net
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 28 Dec 2010, 17:38

sceaminmonkey wrote:I think that's good news! People have been wondering what's going on with the philly consulate for a while. I think it's good that there staff is only going to put there attention on the application and not on the booking. I think this also puts the roomer of the Philly consulate closing to rest

Yeah, it's a bit of a wait (they say on the IPS website it's about a yr wait) but its better than waiting to schedule an appointment, which is basically waiting to wait.

jalapeno89
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jalapeno89 » 28 Dec 2010, 19:38

yeah i had to leave a message too, they called me back a few hours later...

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 29 Dec 2010, 16:54

Been trying to get through to this service for over 24 hrs and I can't. Very frustrating to be still waiting to wait for an appointment that will probably be scheduled after the consulate is supposed to be closing! :x

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 29 Dec 2010, 18:40

So i just missed the return call from IPS. :oops: They were supposed to be calling me between 9-12 or 2-5 EST. So I ran the errand I had to between 1 and 1:30 figuring I'd be safe, well that is when they decided to call 8O

I must say scheduling an appointment has been one of the most difficult, frustrating, and time consuming things I have ever tried to do.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”