Translations for phiily consulate.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Translations for phiily consulate.

Postby belmoro19 » 30 Dec 2010, 14:02

I recently noticed that the philly consulate updated their website with details on applying for citizenship. The one I am concerned with is the on translations. They say on the site now that they have to be certified (wasn't on there before). My appointment is in February of 2011 and I did the translations myself. This had to have just been updated. Does anyone know about this? Do they have to be certified translations or am I ok with my self translations. Not sure what to do now. I dont know if I have time to get these done and do they have to be by someone on the consulate list. Any help is appreciated.
Grazie

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Re: Translations for phiily consulate.

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 30 Dec 2010, 22:04

I feel for you Belmoro. I to am applying thru Philly and these rule changes mid-way through the process are a pain in the butt, to say the least. I'm not sure how strict they are going to be on this. I'd probably call and ask, but if you can't get an answer, I'd go with what you got and see what happens. If you decide to go with an "approved" translator - I really was impressed with mine, Joesph Hovan. He's a good guy and was fair priced. Let us know what happens!
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby DeFilippis78 » 30 Dec 2010, 22:16

Thanks for the tip Forza on Hovan. I was told I had to go with the list, then your own translations ARE ok, now Im hearing its back to certifications through translators. It seems they dont know what they want and their answer changes weekly :(

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 31 Dec 2010, 00:08

A little consistency would be nice, especially with such long wait times for appointments. Basically, I'm just going to get everything I can and run with that. If they need other or more stuff, I'll go back for a second appt, but with the consulate actually having told me in person what I need.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany

DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Postby DeFilippis78 » 31 Dec 2010, 00:13

That's what Im doing.Ill bring what I can and they can tell me specifically what they want when I am there face to face.

belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Postby belmoro19 » 31 Dec 2010, 01:48

Thanks guys. i'm going to take the sugeestions and just go with what I have and let them tell me one way or the other. Maybe I'll luck out and they will accept them. It really is aggravatig but what can we do.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”