I need somebody with ancestry.com membership please!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Max.

I need somebody with ancestry.com membership please!

Postby Max. » 12 Jan 2011, 22:28

Hi again,
In another topic I was looking for Francesco Risafi, from Cosenza, Italy. Well, I found (with the help of some people here in the forum) very useful information about him, but anyway I want to make sure that the one I found is him.

Can anybody please look for him in ancestry.com? Because I know that website is membership-paid, and It's really expensive for me (I live in Argentina, and 1 dollar is 4 argentine pesos). I would be really happy if somebody can help me with that.

The one I'm looking:
Name: Francesco Risafi
Year: 1881-1885
Region: Cosenza (I think he was born in Corigliano Calabro but I'm not sure)

And then, if it doesn't bother you, I need some info of his wife
Assunta De Filippi (or Asuncion, Asunta, Asumpta, Asumta...those can be the name)
She was probably born between 1892-1895. She was also from Cosenza.

Thank you very much!
Please if you found something, post here every info you can. Thanks!!!!!

Max.

Re: I need somebody with

Postby Max. » 12 Jan 2011, 22:36

I didn't realize a thing, is ancestry.com only for looking people that migrate to USA??
Because both people I'm looking for, they came to Argentina. Anyway, the info I need is for finding their birth certificate. Thanks

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 12 Jan 2011, 22:49

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 12 Jan 2011, 22:53

Also here: https://www.familysearch.org/s/search/i ... entYearTo=

Do you know with absolute certainty that Francesco went directly from Italy to Argentina? Or did he possibly go Italy -> US -> Argentina, staying in the US for months or years before continuing on to Argentina?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Max.

Postby Max. » 13 Jan 2011, 01:07

Yes, I'm 100% sure that Francesco went directly from Italy to Argentina. I saw all the Francesco Risafi you found, but any of those match the years.
He was born in 1881-1884, and he married here in Argentina in 1909 with Assunta (or Asuncion) De Filippi.

It's weird, I found (you too, in the other post) some info about Francesco, but I didn't find even one thing about his wife!
That's why I thought that mayyyyybe in ancestry.com can be found...i hope...

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”