Information needed to birth certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Max.

Information needed to birth certificate

Postby Max. » 16 Jan 2011, 21:14

Hello,
I was wondering how much information do I have to provide to a comune to ask for my great grandfather's birth certificate.
The problem is the following: I have found in internet some info about him, that I think is correcy except one thing, her mother.

In the army files says that her mother was "Maria Rosa Arturo Vulcano", and I have a fotocopy of his marriage certificate, and her mother says "Maria Rito". Is it a possible misunderstanding? "Maria Rosa"..."Maria Rito"...they are not very different, but I don't know...

I'm a afraid of it, because then I will have a birth certificate that says one mother's name, and his marriage certificate that says another thing. Is it very important? Can italian embassy deny me the dual citinzenship because of this?

thank you

mler
Master
Master

Re: Information needed to birth certificate

Postby mler » 17 Jan 2011, 21:26

Unlikely to be a problem. It's HIS name on the birth record that is critical.

Max.

Postby Max. » 17 Jan 2011, 22:33

thanks!
One more question, if I apply for the dual citizenship through my great grandfather, do I need my great grandmother's birth certificate?

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 17 Jan 2011, 23:17

Some consulates ask for documents in the non-citizenship line, but if you are unable to locate them, it shouldn't be a major roadblock.

Max.

Postby Max. » 17 Jan 2011, 23:47

thank you very much! =)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”