need help finding passenger list

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
italianfrombuffalo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 14 Jan 2011, 09:40

need help finding passenger list

Postby italianfrombuffalo » 19 Jan 2011, 11:11

hi everyone,

does anyone here have the full ancestry access and can try to find a passenger list for me? i only have the subscription to german ancestry and castlegarden.org couldn't help me much either.

all i know is that francesco fadale (furdell in the US) came around 1889/1890 from valledolmo to NY. as far as i know he was married so there might be a giuseppa with him.

thanks a lot!
mel

User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5229
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: need help finding passenger list

Postby johnnyonthespot » 19 Jan 2011, 12:41

Do you have a year of birth for Francesco?

Perhaps this one?

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Francesco Fadale
Name: Francesco Fadale
Arrival Date: 20 Nov 1901
Birth Year: abt 1879
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian
Port of Departure: Napoli
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Lombardia

On line 8, joining his father-in-law Angelo xxxxx in Brooklyn

Image
free image hosting
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5229
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: need help finding passenger list

Postby johnnyonthespot » 19 Jan 2011, 14:26

Question: how much of your info is certain? Arrived in the US in 1889/1890?

For example:

1930 United States Federal Census about Josephine Fadale
Name: Josephine Fadale
Home in 1930: Jamestown, Chautauqua, New York
View Map
Age: 39
Estimated birth year: abt 1891
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Spouse's name: Frank Fadale
Race: White
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Fadale 45
Josephine Fadale 39
Carolyn Fadale 19
Anthony Fadale 17
Vincent Fadale 16
Lewis Fadale 12


Image

Click the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again for maximum magnification
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5229
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: need help finding passenger list

Postby johnnyonthespot » 19 Jan 2011, 14:29

Or, perhaps this one?

1930 United States Federal Census about Josephine Fadale
Name: Josephine Fadale
Home in 1930: Dunkirk, Chautauqua, New York
View Map
Age: 61
Estimated birth year: abt 1869
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Spouse's name: Frank Fadale
Race: White
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Fadale 71
Josephine Fadale 61
Tony Fadale 34
Russell Fadale 20


Image

Additional info would be helpful in narrowing down the correct family.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: need help finding passenger list

Postby suanj » 19 Jan 2011, 15:08

Hi Carmine, I believe that your record is right;
same family in 1920 census:

1920 United States Federal Census
about Frank Furdell
Name: Frank Furdell
[Frank Furdell??]
Home in 1920: Dunkirk, Chautauqua, New York
Age: 60
Estimated birth year: abt 1860
Birthplace: Sicily
[Sicily;Italy]
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)
[Head]
Spouse's name: Josephine Furdell
Father's Birth Place: Sicily
Mother's Birth Place: Sicily
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Own
Year of immigration: 1889 ( nat. 1906)
Able to read: No
Able to Write: No
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Furdell 60
Josephine Furdell 50
Joseph Furdell 26
Anthony Furdell 24
James Furdell 21
Francis Penepinto 20
Josephine Furdell 17
John Furdell 15
Mary Furdell 14
Samuel Furdell 11
Russel Furdell 9
John Panepinto 23
Anthony Panepinto 0
[2/12]



the family in 1900 census:
1900 United States Federal Census
about Frank Fudell
Name: Frank Fudell
[Fred Fudell]
Home in 1900: Dunkirk Ward 3, Chautauqua, New York
[Dunkirk, Chautauqua, New York]
Age: 41
Birth Date: May 1859
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Gender: Male
Immigration Year: 1890
Relationship to head-of-house: Head
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Spouse's name: Josephine Fudell
Marriage Year: 1887
Marital Status: Married
Years Married: 13
Occupation: View on Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Fudell 41
Josephine Fudell 33 b.mar 1867 IT; imm. 1891??
Gertrude Fudell 11 b. dec 1888 IT; imm. 1898 ??
Charles Fudell 10 b. oct 1889 IT; imm. 1900 ??
Frank Fudell 9 b. oct 1890 NY
Joseph Fudell 7 b. nov 1892 NY
Anthony Fudell 5 b. Feb 1895 NY
James Fudell 3 b. jun 1896 NY
Francis Fudell 6/12 b. nov 1899 NY


1910 census:
1910 United States Federal Census
about Frank Fudell
Name: Frank Fudell
Age in 1910: 50
Estimated birth year: abt 1860
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Home in 1910: Dunkirk Ward 4, Chautauqua, New York
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Gender: Male
Year of immigration: 1879
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Fudell
50
Josephene Fudell
41
Joseph Fudell
16
Tony Fudell
15
James Fudell
13
Fanses Fudell
11
Josephine Fudell
7
John Fudell
6
Mary Fudell
4
Samiul Fudell
3
Russel Fudell
5/12



suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
italianfrombuffalo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 14 Jan 2011, 09:40

Re: need help finding passenger list

Postby italianfrombuffalo » 19 Jan 2011, 19:26

johnnyonthespot wrote:Or, perhaps this one?

1930 United States Federal Census about Josephine Fadale
Name: Josephine Fadale
Home in 1930: Dunkirk, Chautauqua, New York
View Map
Age: 61
Estimated birth year: abt 1869
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Spouse's name: Frank Fadale
Race: White
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Fadale 71
Josephine Fadale 61
Tony Fadale 34
Russell Fadale 20


Image

Additional info would be helpful in narrowing down the correct family.


that is them. after i send my request and shut down the computer, i realized i should have mentioned birth dates...

francesco fadale was born in 1858 in valledolmo and
joephine (giuseppa) née mancuso was born in 1867 in valledolmo. both got married in valledolmo as far as i know and then came to NY.

User avatar
italianfrombuffalo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 14 Jan 2011, 09:40

Re: need help finding passenger list

Postby italianfrombuffalo » 19 Jan 2011, 19:30

suanj wrote:Hi Carmine, I believe that your record is right;
same family in 1920 census:

1920 United States Federal Census
about Frank Furdell
Name: Frank Furdell
[Frank Furdell??]
Home in 1920: Dunkirk, Chautauqua, New York
Age: 60
Estimated birth year: abt 1860
Birthplace: Sicily
[Sicily;Italy]
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)
[Head]
Spouse's name: Josephine Furdell
Father's Birth Place: Sicily
Mother's Birth Place: Sicily
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Own
Year of immigration: 1889 ( nat. 1906)
Able to read: No
Able to Write: No
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Furdell 60
Josephine Furdell 50
Joseph Furdell 26
Anthony Furdell 24
James Furdell 21
Francis Penepinto 20
Josephine Furdell 17
John Furdell 15
Mary Furdell 14
Samuel Furdell 11
Russel Furdell 9
John Panepinto 23
Anthony Panepinto 0
[2/12]


yes, that is the same family.


suanj wrote:the family in 1900 census:
1900 United States Federal Census
about Frank Fudell
Name: Frank Fudell
[Fred Fudell]
Home in 1900: Dunkirk Ward 3, Chautauqua, New York
[Dunkirk, Chautauqua, New York]
Age: 41
Birth Date: May 1859
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Gender: Male
Immigration Year: 1890
Relationship to head-of-house: Head
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Spouse's name: Josephine Fudell
Marriage Year: 1887
Marital Status: Married
Years Married: 13
Occupation: View on Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Fudell 41
Josephine Fudell 33 b.mar 1867 IT; imm. 1891??
Gertrude Fudell 11 b. dec 1888 IT; imm. 1898 ??
Charles Fudell 10 b. oct 1889 IT; imm. 1900 ??
Frank Fudell 9 b. oct 1890 NY
Joseph Fudell 7 b. nov 1892 NY
Anthony Fudell 5 b. Feb 1895 NY
James Fudell 3 b. jun 1896 NY
Francis Fudell 6/12 b. nov 1899 NY


could you post the picture or send it to me in a private message. i didn't find that census record yet and it is very interesting that they had even more children!

suanj wrote:1910 census:
1910 United States Federal Census
about Frank Fudell
Name: Frank Fudell
Age in 1910: 50
Estimated birth year: abt 1860
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Home in 1910: Dunkirk Ward 4, Chautauqua, New York
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Gender: Male
Year of immigration: 1879
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Fudell
50
Josephene Fudell
41
Joseph Fudell
16
Tony Fudell
15
James Fudell
13
Fanses Fudell
11
Josephine Fudell
7
John Fudell
6
Mary Fudell
4
Samiul Fudell
3
Russel Fudell
5/12


i would be interested in this picture too.

thanks a lot for all the research! you guys here help so much!


User avatar
italianfrombuffalo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 14 Jan 2011, 09:40

Re: need help finding passenger list

Postby italianfrombuffalo » 20 Jan 2011, 19:34

thank you so much suanj!!!

does anyone have an idea what the name gertrude might have been in italian?

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: need help finding passenger list

Postby suanj » 21 Jan 2011, 07:03

Gertrude in italian spell is Gertrude.. maybe in USA can be Trudy??
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

User avatar
italianfrombuffalo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 14 Jan 2011, 09:40

Re: need help finding passenger list

Postby italianfrombuffalo » 21 Jan 2011, 20:51

gertrude sounds so not italian. i was trying to find a passenger list since the census said she came over after her parents did. it is so strange that i can't locate any passenger lists for that family.

User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 12493
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: need help finding passenger list

Postby suanj » 22 Jan 2011, 05:56

Gertrude or Geltrude is also italian female first name but of german origin..
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH


Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests