Pellegrini - Marcolongo family immigration

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Pellegrini - Marcolongo family immigration

Postby DonnaPellegrin » 01 Aug 2004, 05:12

I have been researching my great grandfather Filippo Pellegrini and his family. I got lucky and found Filippo's passenger manifest easily on Ancestry.com. He immigrated in 1889. Unfortunately, the passenger manifest lists only "Italy" as his place of origin. :(

I have not been able to find his wife's passenger manifest. Her name was Concetta Marcolongo. According to the census, she came to the United States nine years after her husband, in 1898. Her oldest daughter Antoinetta (also known as Donia) was born in Italy in 1890 and immigrated also. I do not know whether Concetta and Antoinetta immigrated together or not.

Here is my question: Given the 1898 or 1899 dates of immigration, shouldn't Concetta and her daughter have come through Eliis Island? I have searched for every spelling variation I can think of for both Pellegrini and Marcolongo and I cannot find them on the Ellis Island database. I thought that after 1892, all ships came through Ellis Island. Any advice?
Donna Pellegrin
DonnaPellegrin
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pellegrini - Marcolongo family immigration

Postby ptimber » 01 Aug 2004, 07:15

They could have come in thru Boston, Philadelphia, baltiimore. File for 81 with NARA for any entry into the USA . Go to www.NARA.com and seek out immigration and then order forms. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Thank you, Peter

Postby DonnaPellegrin » 01 Aug 2004, 15:31

One additional question, if you don't mind.

Filippo and Concetta's second child was named Patsy. On the 1920 census, under the question, "Year of immigration to the United States," Patsy is listed as "BWF". Can you tell me what BWF means?

Thank you very much for your help. You're forums on this website are the best on the web.

Donna
Donna Pellegrin
DonnaPellegrin
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pellegrini - Marcolongo family immigration

Postby ptimber » 01 Aug 2004, 18:53

I really don't know what BWF means. Obviously B=born and W=with, without or while but F=??????. Sorry Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship