For those who went thru a consulate hearing...interview??

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

For those who went thru a consulate hearing...interview??

Postby JPMessina44 » 30 Jan 2011, 18:15

I have my hearing on Monday and starting to prepare for it, thinking of possible questions, getting docs in order so I can quickly find and present what is asked for, etc....

Besides asking for the documents in order from oldest to newest, in my case; GGPa - GPA - Father - Me.

1. Has anybody ever been interviewed?
2. Recommend note taking (I guess if there's corrections prob good to do)
3. did you bring copies of all the original documents?
4. Any other tips to ensure I am fully prepared?

Thanks!!!

mler
Master
Master

Re: For those who went thru a consulate hearing...interview?

Postby mler » 30 Jan 2011, 18:20

Every meeting is a bit different. Much depends on who you see and the completeness and accuracy of your documents.

I brought copies of every document, but not all were needed. Best to have them just in case. They will generally ask for documents in sequence and will point out obvious problems as they encounter them. Be aware of potential issues and know what your response will be.

Other than that, relax. It's not a hearing; it's simply a presentation of documents done on a one-on-one basis. You can expect them to be courteous and efficient. You'll be fine.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”