naturalization papers

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Lousdepot
Rookie
Rookie

naturalization papers

Postby Lousdepot » 07 Feb 2011, 23:50

I just received a response from the state regarding my great grandfathers naturalization. Until this point i didn't even know he had applied. But sure enough they included a copy of the "Petition for naturalization" and a "declaration of intent" There was a lot of useful information including a picture on these documents. Makes me wish i started with these!! Anyway i was wondering if i would need these copies for citizenship application or the Letter that came with them that states He was: "not admitted due to death"
the reason i ask is the photo copies they sent of these documents is pretty poor quality...I guess another question i have is Will this document alone be sufficient or do i need a response from the federal government as well???
thanks for any help!!

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: naturalization papers

Postby ricbru » 08 Feb 2011, 12:59

On the papers you have , you should see written his date of naturalization and number of certificate.
Ask to USCIS , or Court House to issue that, so you have complete paperworks to appy for italian citizenship.
I suggest you this, so at least you dont need to go to consulate twice because some papers are missed in your application.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

Lousdepot
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Lousdepot » 08 Feb 2011, 13:39

The letter I have from the supreme judicial court lists a petition # and then certificate # "none". Then it reads date of admission : "not admitted due to death" this letter is signed and sealed by the head of archives at the supreme judicial court of Massachusetts

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 08 Feb 2011, 13:40

oh I see, so he was not in time to get it because he died earlier, at this point it is ok, you can use those papers you already have
bye Riccardo

Lousdepot
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Lousdepot » 10 Feb 2011, 22:39

Thats good to know because i just got a letter from USCIS stating that it will be at least 120 days for them to process my request

Afonti

Postby Afonti » 14 Feb 2011, 03:22

Who did you contact to find out if they had any naturalization records on your family?

Any info would be helpful?
Thanks
Andrea

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 14 Feb 2011, 17:03

Afonti wrote:Who did you contact to find out if they had any naturalization records on your family?

Any info would be helpful?
Thanks
Andrea

Answered in your other thread, http://italiangenealogy.com/Forums/view ... 20668.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”