Status of my application

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
LuigiF

Re: Status of my application

Post by LuigiF »

Ciao Ricardo;

I was reading your post regarding the contact information for the status of Cittadinanza

I have my Cittadinanza, my sister is waiting to hear from the commune da Porto Empedocle.

How do you use this site to check the status or registration of one.

https://cittadinanza.interno.it/sicitt/index2.jsp

Grazie for the post!!

Luigi
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Numero pratica means case or file number. I can tell you that in my case in NYC, the consulate did not offer to give me the case/file number at the time my application was presented.

Just for fun, I tried using the site to track my case (long ago approved, in the summer of 2008). My letter of recognition has a "Nr Prot:" number of the format 12345/A which I think may be the "Tipo" K10/C referred to on the website. Unfortuantely, I can only guess at the "Data presentazione" (date of submission) as my final application was mailed in after a few last fixes and I don't know on what date it was entered into the system. I have tried numerous dates, including the date of my first appointment at the consulate; no luck.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Post by kontessa »

Thanks, Carmine. :)

I will have to review my brother's receipt from his recent appointment to see if he was assigned a file number, and then try using it for a status check.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

I received nothing from the consulate worker. I really want to write an email to them and check. I feel like javaislife would not have received her letter asking for corrections so soon if she did not tell them to check. is it possible to write to my commune directly? what would I write ? anyone have a letter I can send?
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JavaisLife »

Hi Monkey,

I think you're correct, that I only got my letter because I wrote to them. However, in my letter they made me jump through some crazy hoops.

Perhaps if I didn't nag them, I would not have had to deal with the Municipal Archive's nightmare ;)

What specifically are your concerns? That you have errors that need to be changed? Or that they may have overlooked your application and it got lost?

I honestly think you're writing to them because you are anxious.

Best,
M
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

I AM MOST CERTAINLY WRITING BECAUSE I AM ANXIOUS!!!! lol . I thought that was obvious. I know what errors I have ,I am not to concerned about my errors. With you guiding me I have already contacted Mr Cobb and he will be sending me my letters. I just dont want to receive a letter 6 months later saying the same thing yours did. if I am gona get a letter I want it now and I want to hand them my corrections now!its been over a year since I started this process and I am super anxious to get that passport.
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JavaisLife »

Ah - then, what I would do is this. ... when the letters arrive e-mail the consulate a scanned copy of each document and attach to the e-mail. Then say you are going to drop off the letters to be included to your application.

That should work.

Marie